Sunday, July 1, 2007

Saturday June 30th, 2007

I'm learning to like weekends. It's at least one adventure assured. This Saturday was no different, we went everywhere. We had lots of errands to do so off we went around 1 pm. First was down to the post office where mom gets all crazy because Canada Post doesn't have a wheelchair accessible post office that her parcels go to and she has to go up a creepy alleyway and call into the store for help. She has pictures too! On another website called torontomobility.com She did a story about Canada Post. She doesn't like them much I'm afraid. She has a stinky postie too that won't wait for you to open the door so he doesn't have to deliver the parcel, the lazy person.

Today I learned something else too. There are lots of stupid parents in Toronto that don't put their doggy on a leash. sheesh......

Anyway, after we went to the Post Office and mom cooled down emotionally we went to the hardware store. We have a really big balcony but I'm not allowed on it because I'm too little and there is a sizable space between where the balcony slab stops and the panel begins. Everyone is afraid that I will fall through it so mom took measurements and asked my Uncle Rob to cut me some wood. Uncle Rob is a really busy many though and is helping his son move into his new house this weekend so mom thought just in case to price how much it would cost to have some wood cut. The man in the store said about $15.00 so if Uncle Rob can't do it soon, mom will get it done at the hardware store so I can play on the balcony. While I was outside with nanna waiting for mom I met this little lady named Hailey! Hailey really liked me. Her and her mom are here from Newfoundland visiting. They like it but wouldn't want to live here, it's very noisy and too busy for them. :-) They were really nice people and stopped to talk for a while and Hailey liked to pet me.

Next....... We turned around and headed on to the bank and then to "crappy tire"... (Canadian Tire, my mom and her family call it crappy tire). All of a sudden it started to rain as we were crossign the street and suddenly a "painted lady" butteryfly landed right on the arm of my Nanna's scooter!! Wow..... another new friend. And she stayed there for a long time too! Mom grabbed a picture of her but her wings were not open. She's pretty none the less.


Then we went to the PARK!!! Yippee!!! There is a really nice Parkette on Asquith (sort of behind The Bay). This is a pretty little parkette and usually someone is walking their doggy too. Today though there were some noisy people and one of them had a dog and the doggy was NOT on a leash! Mom put me down so I could play in the park for a bit but the big doggy not on a leash worried her. There are leash laws in Toronto but it seems people ignore them. That's not nice. There are laws on the books for reasons but for the most part it also protects your doggy from getting hit by a car, or injured near a construction site or many other things. It's not just to keep your doggy away from people. That is important too though because some people due to fear of doggy's or religious beliefs don't want your doggy near them and they are entitled to that. I, as a doggy, personally don't understand it but some people just don't like doggy's.

My Mom has put a link on this day's blog for me so you can read all about doggy issues in the City of Toronto. Just click on the date above and it will go there. At the link above you can see all about the off-leash parks and dog walker permit policies and applications and there is a long list there too with all the Toronto Parks that have a no-leash policy or a section where there is no leash required. At the very bottom of that page is another important link to "animal licensing". You should really look at that too. I looked all that up myself..... aren't I a smart little doggy??? We ended up having to leave that parkette because of this unleashed doggy and it's stupid dad. I found some information you may find useful though:

Where do you call to report a dog running at large, a public safety concern involving an animal, a dead animal, etc? Complaints for bylaw infractions (e.g., dog running at large, dog off leash, failure to stoop & scoop, etc.) may be reported during normal business hours by calling 416-338-PAWS (7297). If you have an immediate public safety concern involving an animal, Toronto Animal Services provides 24-hour emergency service. Our after-hours services can also be reached by calling 416-338-PAWS (7297).

After we left we headed for home for dinner then we went out again. First we stopped out the back of our building and I langushed in the grass for a while. Mom and Nanna are still trying to potty train me and I'm bucking them every inch of the way. It's frustrating the heck out of them. I won't even go outside!!! And inside, well....... I go where I please these days and there seems theres no stopping me.


After I layed in the grass for a while we noticed there were these two black poodles off their leash too and the saw me and started my way. We have encountered these doggies before and left because their dad is not a good dad and lets them run everywhere, even far away from him. Mom doesn't know if they have had their shots or not so we headed off for Riverdale Park again. It was chilly out suddenly so we stopped by the coffee shop on the way there and got Nanna a nice hot coffee. And we met Uncle Ron and Mingus again! And Joyce was there too. Everyone gushed over me and Uncle Ron rubbed my tum-tum for me and I just loveeeee that! We stayed there for a bit then off we went to the Park. I love Riverdale Park.

I played and played in Riverdale Park. I looked like a nut. I ran and ran and rolled in the grass and barked at nothing. hehehe And I met new friends again. There were two pugs there off their leash (bad parents) but they didn't want to play but there was another puppy that did and we ran after each other for a bit before his parents and their new baby went for a walk. And there was a little apricot poodle that came by too and he liked to played with me for a few minutes too. People came by and petted me too. I always like to be petted. We finally left about an hour later and I was getting tuckered out. Besides, mom was getting tired of taking grass by the roots out of my mouth. I like to grab it, shake my head and rip it out by the roots. Mom thinks it's gross but I think it's fun to do.

Look over in my links section, Mom did me a favour and added some new links for people to look through.

No comments: