Saturday, July 28, 2007

Bizzzyyyy bizzyyyyy

My mom has been keeping me so bizzyyyyyyy. When she's finally away from the computer I'm too pooped to participate from scootering around the city and playing in the parks.


Last Sunday we went to Hanlan's Point. One of Toronto's 3 Islands. Wow..... wow..... bow wow.... trees...... grass...... yummy grass!! Oh joy oh joy, I had such fun. Mom BBQ chicken and it smelled so great but I wasn't allowed any but a little lick of it after the fact. I'm not allowed people food really and especially at the table. Mom and nanna want me to have manners when I'm finished being trained so I can go visit other people's homes later.


Here are some pictures mom took.... In the one on the left I'm playing with my leash. I really like to do this. It pulls mom or nanna off balance sometimes.... weeeeeee and in the one on the right is me, all tangled up in my leash. This happens a lot too when I get wild and run around all over the place in circles and jump. It's ok though, someone always untangles me quickly.






In these pictures below you can see how much fun I'm having over on the island. I'm just everywhere. I'm still too young to be off my leash. I just turned 4 months old on the 23rd of this month and I don't come when I'm called most of the time. There is way too much to explore over here so mom knows I won't come if called. Too much other exciting things to look and sniff at.


In the picture on the left that upside down plate had some of my food on it. And the little clear plastic square dish was my water dish. Mom put that and the food on the plate for me and after I ate the food I tossed the dishes.... I had such fun with them. I pounced on the plate and ran around with the water dish in my mouth. Can you see what a piggie I am becoming? I gained 2 lbs (1 kilo) last month and now weight a whole 7 lbs or 3.2 kilos.... tubby :-)


In the right picture I am pouncing on and playing with my favourite ball. This old, now battered, orange squeeky ball.




By the end of the day I was a dirty little doggie.... Mom tried to get a picture of my icky face but I didn't want to hold still. It was all green and black from grabbing at the grass by the roots and running with it. And from rolling around all over the place having fun.








Through the week we went all around and mom had her "Senior's Social"..... Mom runs a program for about 50 seniors every month and Thursday was a special day for them because that's when they all sit down and have a really nice dinner. Mom has "Celebrity Chefs" to her dinners and that's fun. Well it's fun until they make me go upstairs and in my crate for the dinner. yuck..... the food smells really great and I'm not allowed to stay once the food and the seniors gets there.


On Friday we went to Riverdale Park and I had the bestest time there this time. At first we had to leave the part of the park we were at. Over by the kiddies pond because someone had a party and all over the ground were bits and pieces of balloons and I found and tried to eat one. Mom got upset at the people and took the balloon part from me. We then moved over to the other end of the park and there was a little people baby there for me to play with. We had fun. He was there playing with his daddy. Then along came a cute little Terrier named Lucy and Lucy was about the same age as me so we played for more than a half hour, running and jumping on each other and playing up a storm. The people baby was laughing at us and clapping his hands. I liked Lucy.


During the week we also went to Allen's Gardens but mom thinks that we won't be going there as much as we used to. At least not to the part where most the doggies are, in the leash off part. There are too many big dogs and they scare me. The people don't watch their dogs when they are off their leash either. One big black doggie was trying to do naughties with all the other doggies and every time I tried to peepee he would come up to me and mom had to grab me fast so he didn't try anything with me. His dad was not paying any attention to him as he went from one doggy to another and jumping on them from behind. Naughty naughty. And the big doggies bark really loud when they rough play and it scares me. So..... mom is going to start to take me over to the other part of the park where I can still meet some little doggies and play there. It's not leash off but that doesn't matter for me because I'm not allowed off my leash yet.


Mom says someone needs to tell the other people that leash off doesn't mean ignore your dog. And it doesn't mean that it's for big doggies only :-( We have seen other people take their little doggies elsewhere because the big ones don't behave and the parents ignore what they are doing. Bad parents!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics of you playing are gorgeous - makes me want to jump into the computer and join you!!

My human mum says the same thing about humans needing to know that off leash doesn't mean ignore your dog - maybe they all need to be taken back to school or something?

River

Christaligia said...

Hi River,

Yes..... send them all to school. Especially the ones that ignore their doggies and leave things in the park that we shouldn't have. My mom says bad words about them too.