Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Thurs. June 21st, 2007

This is a big day for my mom, she has a long day ahead of her. First she has a booth at a Community Safety Fair from 2 - 5:30 then she has a BBQ from 5:30 - 8 pm and in between get the volunteers together to chop up enough salad for 1000 people.

Good thing she got up early because I'm a sick puppy :-( My tummy isn't feeling well and I threw up a bit then I threw up some more and it was a yukky yellow colour. Mom called the Vet right away and off we went. Dr. Drabant looked me over and checked me out top to bottom. He thinks it's a reaction to my needle yesterday. Did I tell you he's my namesake? The Christa part of my name is for Dr. Christopher Drabant and the Ligia part of my name is for his Technician named Ligia. :-) He gave me a shot of antibotics to be on the safe side and another shot of something to help calm my upset tummy. Then he gave me this huge needle of water subcutaneously. I didn't like that, about half way through I yelped. It left a big bump where it was because it slowly absorbs into me. Mom and Nanna felt so bad for me.

We came home and rested for a while. Mom had to leave at 1 pm so Nanna watched over me. Later that night I was feeling much better so Nanna put me in her scooter and we went to meet mom at the BBQ. I met a lot of nice people there.... here are some of them...

This guy is Trevor LeBlanc and he was the D.J. for the day at the BBQ. He was fabulous. I really liked his music and as you can see below so did a lot of other people.












These kids loved to dance to Trevor's music.









See all the people in the picture on the left? Wow, there were so many. They came for the music and the BBQ. We live in a very Multi-Cultural area and everyone joins in. I like where I live. In the picture on the right are some of the volunteers for this BBQ. That's my Nanna there in the scooter. And my Auntie Barb and Auntie Charlotte and my Auntie V. Auntie Barb has two older boy doggies and one of them is blind. But he doesn't seem to realize it! And my Auntie Charlotte (in the purple top) has a Huskie named Shyanne. I'm not allowed to play with Shyanne though because she thinks I'm a toy. She's a big strong doggy.




And last but not least, this is my Auntie Barb sticking her tongue out at my mom who has stopped serving up salad to go take some pictures. Later that night when we got home we all had a snooze.

No comments: