Sunday, June 24, 2007

*pant**pant**pant*

Holy heck it was hot out there today (Sunday June 17th, 2007). Now I'm home and I'm sitting in the a/c and the computer chair is empty, I'm going to start to tell you about my adventures today. Woof Woof!! I have lots of pictures too! We went down to the Music Garden and all over the place. My mom told me I'd love the Music Garden and I did. I'm surprised at how few people in Toronto know about this place. It's at the base of Lower Spadina and Queens Quay.


Off we started on our adventure today around noon. We always start around noon because my mom and nanna are old and take a while to get ready! heheheh
When we got to Richmond & Bay Sts. we took a rest and my mom gave me my water. She always carries my water bottle and a dish for me. As you can see, I had my drink then decided to play with the container. I also enjoyed running around and getting my leash all tangled up too.


Holy Moly!! Look! A puppies paradise! Look at all the grass and trees and shrubs! Oh I'm going to love this place. And look, I found another new friend :-) This one's name is "Mourning Dove". It has it's mate with it but the mate walked away just before my mom got the pic. I guess she was camera shy.


I have so many pictures of my day to show you. We had a great time. It was really hot though so we stopped a lot and I had lots to drink. We saw so many sights and so many people. People are funny. Especially the women. A lot of them say "ooooooh" in a squeeky voice when they see me. Little kids like me too. I should try to get mom to take pics of kids with me but she doesn't ask because a lot of parents don't like that these days. Maybe we can try some time though. I still want to know why lady people say "oooooooooooh" though. It's a funny sound. And it's always followed with "look at the puppy!" then another "oooooooh". Then they say "She's sooooo cute"! I just love the attention.

After a bit it was time for another long cold drink of water and some time in the shade. Here I am cooling off by the waterfront where all the big boats are anchored by the Music Garden. I'm playing with my rope toy. There were these huge purple flowers everywhere and little white ones. I wanted to sniff them but they were much taller than me and really big too!!



We scootered all around, me, my mom and my nanna. It was such a beautiful day out. I saw flowers and ducks and swans!! WOW. I even saw a grasshopper. We decided it was time to go home and on the way home, just a bit down Queen's Quay the City of Toronto has built a new area that's full of yellow umbrella's and wood lawn chairs and a huge sandbox for the people to go in! Holy cow I want to dive in that sand! Look.......... a sea of yellow umbrella's...... and see the big sandbox?? I want to come here again some time and play in that sandbox with all the kids. They were making sand castles.


We stayed there for a while and checked it all out then we finally headed for home when we discovered a Swiss Chalet!! A new one by the Harbour Police station area. Yahooooo food! Mom is a grump though and only gave me one very small piece of well cooked chicken meat. We had a really nice waiter on the patio though and his name was David and he brought me a big glass of nice fresh cold water that my mom poured in my carry dish and quenched my thirst. After dinner almost all the way home I met this one last friend for the day. Her name is Painted Lady and she's a butterfly.

No comments: