Monday, June 25, 2007

TA DA...... new tricks!

(Monday June 18th, 2007) Mom went to get coffee so I'm at the keyboard again getting caught up. I've had another eventful week this week and I'll be adding to this to get caught up, but this week was not as fun eventful as last week. I can't wait for the weekend, it's Pride Week in Toronto and we're going to see the parade.

Anyway, I learned a couple of new tricks. The first one is called "crating myself"! My mom and nanna are so proud of this one. I went missing yesterday and they weren't sure where I was and my mom found me all tucked away relaxing in my crate! Turns out I like this thing :-) There's a nice cushy towel in the bottom, one of mom's t-shirts so it smells like her and a clock that tick-tocks away so I don't feel so alone at night or when I go in it. I've learned crating rather fast and now I've gone on to self crating. I am one smart cookie!!

And here's another new trick I learned. Just as mom was shutting all the lights out to go to bed she turned around and here I was, coming out of the washroom with a big role of toilet paper in my mouth. Mom couldn't help but laugh because the roll was as big as my head almost and I looked quite proud of myself. By the time she grabbed the camera and turned it on I was having a good time as you can see. Mom grabbed a very quick pic and then took the toilet paper and bits away from me. I didn't know it was bad for me. I'm just a puppy but it was real fun while I had it. Odd, the bathroom door is always closed now. hmmmmmmmmm

Oh, I learned another trick too... or I should say, unlearned. I am now pee-pee'ing and even doing my other business where I shouldn't!!! All this time I've been so good and doing it on the pee pads where I should but a day or so ago I decided I wanted to start going on the plastic that my mom keeps her scooter on. So, I go on my pee pad and then the next time I go on the plastic. Mom thought she'd be smart and put fresh plastic down in case there was a scent but that was fruitless because I went there again anyway. Back and forth..... Every time I go where I should I get lots of praise and a treat and when I go where I shouldn't I get nothing but I still do it. This is driving them crazy. Once where I should, then once where I shouldn't and nothing they do changes it yet. Mom is threatening me with obedience school.

My new collar broke today too! The company has this little plastic logo/emblem on it and it came off and stuck to my fur and mom had to cut it out. The collar is a couple of days old! No one in our household is very impressed with this and when my mom contacted the company, they tried to blame me! Not their product!! That sucks. Mom no longer trusts this company's stuff and will never use it again. I don't like it either.

No comments: