Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'mmmmmmm back!!! April 8th, 2008

My mom is so bad. She doesn't let me at the computer much. She's always hoggin it. So, I'm going to play catch up here a bit. This winter I wasn't out much, way too much snow for little me and for my mom. Her scooter won't go through it and it keeps her homebound a lot. Mom says naughty words when it snows. She says she hasn't seen this much snow since she can remember. Bad snow! So since we didn't get out much I didn't have much to write about.

There were a few things though. I went through my first heat! I'm a lady now! :-) That was around Christmas time. What a gift eh? heheheheh It was quite the experience for mom and nanna too.

Oh, another thing, I had an awful experience at the groomer late last year too. She shaved me!!! Mom had a meltdown on her. Mom told her I had a couple of mats of hair inside my back legs cause I didn't like her brushing me there while I was in heat so instead of taking the mats out, she shaved me!! Everywhere!! Mom cried. Mom had a meltdown finally when the lady kept telling her it was fine. Mom heard that once too many times and she told the groomer "how about if I go get your shears and shave your head and tell me it's fine"?. The lady knew mom meant business and she backed off. It wasn't a good thing. I wouldn't even look at my mom until late that night and I cried for a couple of days and didn't eat either. I walked around with my tail between my legs for a couple of days too :-( It was traumatic and now mom says she will groom me herself and she bought all the stuff and is learning on my Auntie Sheri's doggie named Ebony. Ebby needed a clipping and Auntie Sheri let mom do it so she got some experience. Mom has since learned that you can trim a Bichon just with proper shears so she thinks she will try that.

I'm over that though thankfully and now my hair is all finally grown back too! It's not great yet because the shears that were used must have been dull because I have split ends everywhere and it's still uneven but I'm nice and furry again and mom is clipping bits and pieces here and there.

I've discovered cheese!!! mmmmmm good. My favourites are Swiss and Havarti. Oh.. and I've discovered broccoli too! Mom won't give me much but she dropped a piece one day on the floor and I snatched it before she could pick it up. Bow wow! It's great! No wonder mom eats it all the time.

Spring has finally sprung and mom let me out to really play on the grounds the other day. Holy cow I was in my glory. I ran and ran and ran, and played, and picked up sticks and rolled around.... heheheh Got my coat all dirty but that's ok, I had a really great time. And we went past Allen Gardens the other day and the City has made a whole new doggie section there! You should see it. Runs for big doggies and another one for small doggies like me. And it's all fenced in too so it's safe.

I gotta get mom to take some pictures. She bought me a new bed, 2 actually. I have a lovely pink one in the livingroom with a matching blankie and toy and a nice plump black and white one for the bedroom which I love too. And I have a new pretty harness as well. I outgrew my old one.

Tonight I go to see my favourite people. Dr. Drabant and Ligia at the Riverdale Animal Hospital. Mom and Nanna are taking me. Time for a check up and to start getting my flea stuff again. Mom says I've reverted to childhood because since I had my 1st birthday (Easter Sunday) I don't seem to be able to hold it through the night and I'm up at around 2 or 2:30 am and then again around 4:30 ish to do peepee. Friends have told her this will happen, I'm still a puppy and I'll still revert back to things I used to do. They say this will pass but mom is getting cranky from lack of sleep and just to be on the safe side she will have me checked out. I don't mind though, I get to see Dr. D and Ligia :-) and Goran too!!

Later this week mom might be getting a new scooter too! Things are really picking up around here. Mom has to be very picky about what one she gets so I can still motor around with her in the basket :-) I like that. Mom also accepted a donated chest freezer for her program and now has to start baking and cooking to fill it full of good stuff for the seniors. I wonder if I'll get any leftovers?? Nah... probably not, mom is picky about what I eat too. She says she now needs to be on the hunt for volunteers :-)

This Thursday, like every Thursday, I get to go to the ladies bingo! They love me there too. I play with them while they play bingo and mom calls the numbers for them a lot. I love going to bingo and maybe mom can take pictures of that too! I'll bug her some. :-) Talk to you all later.....

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Hi Christaligia!!! It's been so long since we heard from you!
You're going to love your mom grooming you! I used to go to the groomers too until I said "enough" to mom and she bought all of the grooming stuff we needed! I love my groomies!

Love ya lots,
Maggie