Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm sick *sniffle*

Mom took me to the Dr. on Tuesday night. I was very happy to see Dr. D. :-) Mom took me because I was getting her up twice in the night to do my business and it was unusual. Dr. Dabrant took my temperature and listened to my little heart and checked my ears and pretty much everything else. He even did a urine sample and swabbed my little tuccus. How embarrassing!!! He found I have a slight temperature and gave me a shot of antibiotics and a prescription. Mom picked up my food and something she gives me for my coat and a few odds and ends and we went home.

The next day oh my.... my little tuccus was very, very itchy. Mom watched me itch it for so long that my fur got matted :-( and that morning I threw up. She called the Dr. again and back we went. Dr. D. wasn't in that night but we saw a really nice Dr., his name is Dr. Gotovac, and he checked my little tuccus too. Boy, that little thing is getting too much attention! Anyway, he gave mom a nice medicine to rub on it and make the itch go away and told mom to bring a poop sample the next day. When we got home I layed around.

The next day... Thursday mom took me to the ladies bingo again (and at the same time wash my pink bed), I love the ladies at the bingo and they love me. I seemed kind of slow though and not too playful when all of a sudden I threw up!! Yuck... disgusting stuff. When we got home, I threw up on pretty pink bed..... a little while later, in my bed in mom's bedroom I woofed it up again... oh so gross. I threw up 3 times in less than 5 hrs. Mom called the Dr. again!! Off we went. Dr. D. was still away so now I saw Dr. Salama and he was very worried about me. My temperature had gone away but I was throwing up too much and I hadn't even eaten that day. He checked every inch of me over. Goran took me for a little walk and I did my business so they could check that too. My fever finally broke but all this tossing my cookies was not normal and they needed to find the reason. So... I was x-rayed twice (two views), and they took blood from me too. I also got some fluids in me so I didn't dehydrate. I was a very good girl and didn't cry or try to get away. The Dr. showed my mom and nanna what was wrong. I had an infection in my little tummy. They all think I got it from a park I went to last Sunday. I've never been there before and must have picked something up from there. I went home with 4 new medicines and mom fainted at the bill... hehehehhe She says I'm worth it though. The Dr. told mom that if I throw up once more I have to come back, have something called a barium x-ray and then an I.V. put in and I have to stay there!!

Friday I was still pretty sick but didn't throw up any more. Thankfully. I felt so bad that I just layed on the sofa most the day. There were workmen in the hall, they are laying a new floor outside our apt. and even when they hit the door accidently a couple of times and they talked, I did nothing. I just layed there. Normally I bark like mad when I even hear someone quietly walking down the hall. I couldn't care less that day though.

Luckily I've been home since and all the medicine has been helping me immensley. Every day one of the Dr's. phones my mom to check on me and see how I'm doing. She gives them a progress report.

Today is the following Tuesday evening and I'm finally finished most of my medications. I only have the antibiotic to take for a couple more days. Tomorrow we go out again, this time back to see Dr. D. I'm doing much, much better. I'm playing and eating and drinking. Even our neighbours say my eyes are brighter and I'm more myself. I'm glad, I didn't like being so sick.

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad you're doing much better, Christaligia! Being sick is no fun at all!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch