Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday October 27th, 2007

We were out a lot again today. It's Saturday and mom and nanna usually run a lot of errands on Saturdays & Sundays. Mom had her Seniors program on Thursday and it was funny funny. Some of the people dressed up in costumes. Mom gave me some pictures to post here.




The cowboy won the best costume prize. It was a 5 cup coffeemaker. And the last picture up here are just some of the people that came for lunch. My mom cooked roast beef, mashed potatoes (her property manager helped with these), broccoli/cauliflower/baby carrots, home made dinner rolls and yorkshire pudding!! And a lady who volunteers for her baked 6 pies for dessert. She also baked a huge birthday cake for some of the seniors.




Mom's property manager also brought her a birthday cake!! Boy was she surprised!! Here is what it looked like. It's not her birthday until November 12th but he surprised her with it.
Today while we were out mom bought me a new monkey. A big stuffed one and I'm having a ball with it!! As soon as I got home I had a big fight with it. Even took it up on the sofa and had a fight with it. heheheh Then I went after mom's kleenex. She didn't think that was too funny. On the way home we met 2 Bichon's..... they were lots of fun! A boy and a girl. Bogey and Blanca. Blanca found a mud puddle to play in. Yeahhhhhh Blanca. Those are lots of fun. I hope we see each other again soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes!

And happy early birthday to your mum too.

River

Molly the Airedale said...

What a pretty cake!
How does charcoal taste, Christaligia? Is it anything like licorice?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Christaligia said...

Hi River and Maggie :-) The costumes were funny huh? Mom says seniors are not the old stick in the muds people think they are. Thanks for the Happy Birthday for my mom. It's my nanna's too soon!! Maybe I can get some human food then?? The cake is so pretty and my mom saved it for her birthday in the freezer. Brrrr it's cold in there! Maggie, I didn't get too much chance to taste the charcoal before mom ran and opened my mouth and stuck her fingers in there. Geez I wish she wouldn't do that! I did have a black tongue after though :-)

Xsara and Tani said...

Hello! Just stopping by to say hi - you are such a cute doggy :)

Daniella said...

Axel here from DWB.
We invite you to visit our site http://wiryaxel.blogspot.com/
where you'll read about the Blainville Wire Case. It's the heart-rending story about 97 wire fox terriers that were sorely abused in Montreal in 2005. You may have read about it in the press.

Many of the poor dogs died; but some survived and were taken in by foster parents who nurtured them and brought them back to health. Now the monster who perpetuated this awful treatment is up for sentencing and wants some of the dogs back. To prevent this, we are asking dog lovers everywhere, and particularly in Canada, to sign a petition and write a letter to the judge presiding over the case. You'll read all about it on our blog and on other blogs by Jake & Harry, Gus Dagger, Buster, and Agatha and Archie -- all wire fox terriers on the DWB. But, of course, it's not just about terriers -- it's about all of us canines who can fall into the wrong hands.
Please help if you can.
Thanks,
Ax

fee said...

those seniors look like lots of fun! is your mommy planning a nice x'mas party for them too?

loves,
fee

Xsara and Tani said...

Happy birthday to your mom!

Daniella said...

Thanks for visiting. If I could I would fedex you a box of latkes!

Ax