Monday, October 8, 2007

October 8th, 2007 - Thanksgiving Day

Today is a special day for humans, it's Thanksgiving Day. (We're Canadian and we have a Thanksgiving day too but it's different from the U.S.) This is my first Thanksgiving and I am very thankful today because mom and nanna took me out for over 2 hrs to play in the parks. First we went to the University of Toronto campus where I found nice wet grass again... heheheh poor mom she had a fit when she saw my green face. She tried to get a picture of it but I wouldn't cooperate.


It was so hot today. Mom says it's Global Warming. It was 30 degree's when we got home (that's 86 F) but with the humidity it was 100 F!!! People are walking around with shorts and t-shirts on and there were tons of motorcycles out. Everyone is taking their last ride of the season today. Two bikers thought I was really cute when they were stopped for a light :-) I made them smile big smiles. The news said it was the hottest Oct 8th on record and the hottest Thanksgiving. People were out everywhere, even on the beach playing vollyball!! Lots of doggies too.

On the way home from the U of T we went over to the park we like by Canadian Tire and I saw Molly!!! Yeahhhhhhhh!!! I love Molly and she loves me and we play, play, play. Look....


This is me and Molly. She is part Yorkie and part Poodle and she's adorable. See us smiling? Molly likes to jump on my head :-) I don't mind, I think it's fun.





You can see more pictures on my flickr page. See the link below on the right hand menu.

6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Christaligia! Do you eat turkey with all the trimmings too like us Americans? How about pumpkin pie?

Love ya lots,
Maggie

Christaligia said...

Hi Maggie :-) Yes... we do that too here. We have Ham instead of turkey sometimes or even both!! Desserts too like apple or cherry or pumpkin pies...... or something wiggly called jello!!

fee said...

hi christaligia, it's like an oven over here too!

did you get to take some of those yummy food for the seniors home in a doggie bag? are the seniors residents of a home or did they only get together for the event? we've got lots of seniors here and quite many seniors events here too. have you had a ride on your nanna's scooter? i think it must be rather fun!

loves,
fee

Christaligia said...

Hi Fee :-) No, I didn't get a doggie bag but my mom did!! The seniors live in the area that my mom lives in and my mom runs the program and nanna volunteers for it. They do this monthly but next year will do it twice a month. They have other activities mom does for them too.

And yes! I ride my nanna's scooter and my mom's too. I ride around in my mom's basket and people think it's great. I get lots and lots of smiles. It's lots of fun to ride in the baskets or even on the floors of the scooters.

PreciOus said...

Hi lil' ligia!

What a nice outing even though the weather was terribly hot. Did you get to eat the yummy food?

Snuggle,
Precious

Christaligia said...

Hi Precious :-) Mom doesn't give me people food!! She's mean. She says later, when I grow up more.