Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I have a fever :-(

Today mom decided to take me back to the Dr. She talked to one of our clinic's Dr's late last night and he said I wasn't eating enough. Today when we got there I still hadn't eaten much but I did eat a little more than yesterday. But it was discovered that I had a fever! Mom says that explains why I just want to lay around and not do much including eat and pee! It was high but not seriously high. The Dr. took more blood and gave me a pill to induce my appetite. Dr. Elizabeth also kind of force fed me some to get some in my little tummy. I didn't fight her much. She says I'm a sweet dog.

Later in the day we went for a nice walk and I ran ahead of mom most the way! Her and nanna were glad to see this, I was acting more normal. I even barked at a lady that wouldn't pay attention to me this evening and then she played with me a bit :-) And I howled at the fire alarm when I heard it.... heheheh I hate that thing and I reminded mom and nanna just how much I hate it :-) So around 7:30 pm the Dr. called mom again to check up on me and see if I ate yet but mom told her no. Not long after that around 9;30 mom called the Dr. to tell her that I peed!!! lol and I also ate some without the pill! Mom told her that she thinks I'm feeling better because I was running and playing a wee bit. By the time we got home I was really wacked out though and slept on the sofa. We are all hoping tomorrow is a more normal day for me and Dr. Elizabeth said she will call in the morning to check on me again and to give mom the results of the new blood tests.

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're so glad the doctor gave you an appetite pill, Christaligia! It sounds like it did the trick! We hope today is a much better day for you! Paws are crossed!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch