Friday, July 16, 2010

off to the vet!!!




On Wednesday July 14th we took my babies to the vet for their 2nd full exam and their first shots! We had to transport them in my old crate and guess what? They loved it!!! Here are a couple of pictures of them resting and waiting for us to go.
Off we went in a taxi and they enjoyed the ride as much as I do. Good to know they don't get car sick. When we got there mom put me on the scale and I'm down to a svelt 6.6 k's. I've lost all my baby weight and I've only got a bit of milk now too. I don't feed the babies myself much any more. They love the puppy food they are getting. I love it too!! :-)
Since my babies look so much alike Daddy Chris (Grandpa to them) decided to get a felt marker and number my babies in the flap of their ear. We thought this was funny but a good idea. Turns out though that permanent marker isn't so permanent on puppies. Two days later it was gone! lol Mom and Auntie Charlotte had to figure out who was who and renumber us.
All my babies got a great clean bill of health. They had their paws checked, their eyes, their ears, their little hearts and were checked for hernia's too and all were perfect. Mom discussed putting them on kibble now since whenever one escapes it heads right for my bowl and steals a piece of my kibble. He said it was ok. This will mean less wet poop and less poop all together. Yippie!!!
We had a separate folder made for each baby and as they were examined and got their shot, mom weighed them and it was all documented. Their weights are:
#1 = 1.47 kg or 3.2 lbs chunky monkey! This one is Auntie Charlotte's baby and she's named her Precious Lee
# 2 = 1.19 kg or 2.61 lbs
# 3 = 1.04 kg or 2.28 lbs and this one is "SoCute", the one Nanna picked out to keep
# 4 = 1.38 kg or 3.03 lbs and this is our only little boy, another chunky monkey
# 5 = 1.10 kg or 2.4 lbs our other little baby that will be going to Auntie Sheri probably
# 6 = 1.19 kg or 2.61 lbs
When we got home from the Dr. mom decided to give paper a try for training. hahahaha Mom is a silly girl for sure! My babies played and growled, and snarled and ripped up that paper until 3 a.m. Mom got little sleep. I on the other hand was snuggled up in the bathroom snoozing away. Come morning though things took a turn for the better and now this evening (Friday) everyone has seen them get up, leave where they are laying, go to the paper, squat, do their thing, then go back to where they were!! Let's hope this continues :-)

1 comment:

Molly the Airedale said...

Your puppies are adorable, Christaligia, and getting so big! In no time at all you'll have them paper trained!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch